Inuit Gifts Inc. Appraisals provides quality fine Inuit art appraisals for insurance coverage, non-cash charitable donations, resale/sale purposes, estate planning, insurance loss/damage claims and CRA / IRS estate tax.
Having your artwork appraised will authenticate the value of your piece. We are also a registered Canadian government certified Inuit art gallery, and have an established criteria to follow when appraising a piece of Inuit art.
Click here to see a sample of our Appraisals.
Included in our package is:
- Signed Letter of appraisal
- Estimated value of the piece
- Biography of the artist
- Certified Igloo Tag
- List of exhibitions (if they participated)
With a letter of appraisal, you can be sure to maximize the value of your piece as opposed to just hearsay. Our price is $240. In order to proceed, simply checkout on this page. Once this step is complete, send us as much info you have regarding your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org. This should include:
1) A few pictures of the piece (including one of the artists signature or initials if available)
2) Dimensions (Length, Height, Width, Depth & Approximate weight)
3) Any documentation that came with the carving
4) Picture of the Igloo Tag (if available)
Appraisals take approximately 2 to 3 weeks to complete of which a card stock certificate will be mailed to your address.
Once the appraisal is complete, should you decide to sell it, we have a list of venues who specialize in the sale of pre-owned Inuit art. They of course will charge a small commission for their services.